Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sophia Kinsella: REMIX!

I totally forgot to include my most recent read by Sophia Kinsella in my guide to her chick lit. Eep! I'm letting you all down. Without further ado, here's a review:

Twenties Girl

Basic premise: Lara Lington has always lived in the shadow of her wildly successful uncle--think a British version of Starbucks. Now, she is being shadowed by the very bossy ghost of her great aunt, Sadie. Lara is forced to search for Sadie's favorite necklace, and in the process she learns a lot about love, life, and lies.

Unique plot element: An irritating ghost

Read it if: You generally like Sophia Kinsella, or you like the 20's.

Don’t read it if: You find the notion of being haunted by a ghost too absurd.

What I think: Twenties Girl could have been much shorter. If it had been, then maybe Lara and Sadie wouldn't have been so grating of a duo. They are both awfully self-absorbed and nonsensical. However, once the book nears the climax, you are taken on a wild ride of discoveries about Sadie's past. I rather enjoyed the last 100 pages.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 shopping bags

No comments:

Post a Comment