Thursday, September 23, 2010

The difference between 6th, 7th, and 8th graders

The difference between 6th, 7th, and 8th graders was illustrated today during my College Week discussions with my students. The topic du jour was "discuss what clubs, sports, or organizations you participated in at college." I briefly explained to my students that I was in marching band, basketball band, concert band, and Tau Beta Sigma.

To this, the sixth graders asked if I could show them what marching looks like.

The seventh graders asked about other clubs or organizations, and whether or not they existed in college. One asked, is there a robotics club? My answer? Yes, it's called being an engineering major.

Finally, the eighth graders asked if I got hazed and what clubs had hazing. Did I know of anyone made to bathe in barf or drink disgusting things?

That, my readers, illustrates the differences between kids at the middle grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment